When I set goals they will be:
- Real: They will be real goals, not just wishes.
- Realistic: They will be achievable.
- Consistent: They will not contradict each other.
- Written: They will be written down.
- Positive: “I will”, not “I will not”.
- Precise: They will be detailed rather than vague.
- Important: They will focus on what really matters.
- Prioritised: They will be ranked according to how important they are.
- Beneficial: Their outcomes will be of value.
- Activities: They will focus on actions, not outcomes.
- Measurable: I will know when they have been achieved.
I am not sure that I am comfortable with setting a date for achieving goals (I don’t like failure) so I will consider leaving that off for now.