This post is intended to keep a record of my running.
Week beginning 9th March
- I was somewhat unwell this week, so did not run.
2009/03/05 AM 35 Minutes (Day 6)
- Chose a different (and more interesting) route.
- Got (slightly) lost! Apparently, there are still places within 15 minutes of home that I don’t know very well.
2009/02/26 AM 30 Minutes (Day 5)
- My second run this week!
- About half way in, I really didn’t want to continue, but I kept going anyway. A victory in itself.
- It really didn’t help that I couldn’t find my headphones, so went without music. Apparently, the music matters.
2009/02/24 AM 30 Minutes (Day 4)
- Warmed up by walking quickly to the end of the road.
- Walked / ran alternate lampposts. Pacing was about right.
- I almost stopped hating the whole experience at one point. Definite progress!
- The mornings are getting lighter, so people could actually see me. I may need to buy some proper running gear.
- The better light meant that looming dogs are less likely to be a problem (but looming people still can be).
- 4 more weeks to achieving GOAL 1.
2009/02/19 AM 30 Minutes (Day 3)
- Started slowly – much better than previous effort.
- Avoided park – no problems with dogs.
- About 10 minutes in started walking / running between alternate lampposts. This meant that I did much more running than previous attempts.
- Some method to measure running distance would be useful.
- Did not loathe the experience quite as much as previously.
- Set goal 1.
Run at least once a week for the next 5 weeks. Daily reward = chocolate. Goal reward = purchase of some running gear.