Disaster Strikes: Relay #75 Panel F

Last thing Friday, an application that I wrote some time ago failed completely. The application is supposed to generate letters according to a specified schedule. The application failure left the backend database inconsistent, many of the letters were truncated, marks for the enveloper missing and me: totally baffled. I have spent all of yesterday and most of today manually reconstructing the database and the letters.

The upside of all this is that I have (re-)learned some valuable lessons about error handling when writing to text streams using VB.Net.

I may everntually get trying to figure out what actually happend to cause the error in the first place.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: