I have just finished configuring setting up my home wireless network. I thought it might be useful to document the solution to the problems I encountered in case anyone else expiriences similar issues.
One of my tasks was to configure my Orange M3100 (a rebranded HTC TYTN, a Windows Mobile 5 Smartphone) to talk wirelessly to my Belkin ADSL Modem with Wireless-G Router (Model FD7632uk4 Version 1 Annex A). Everything worked fine when I left the connection open, but as soon as I switched on WPA/PSK encryption, I had problems. My Desktop PC’s wireless connection to work without issue, but the M3100 would no longer connect at all.
Some sites suggested that some HTC devices requires SSID boradcast, so I left this enabled on the router. Unfortunately, this did not improve matters for me.
I decided to upload the latest firmware onto the router. Loading the new firmware was very easy, and when the router restarted, the M3100 worked! Unfortunatley, the wireless connection became unreliable to both my desktop machine and to my M3100.
Finally, I restored the router’s factory defaults and manually re-entering all the settings. Since then, both my desktop PC and my M3100 have connected reliably.
If this helped you, please let me know. Any other questions / comments are welcome.